Monday, December 07, 2009

Christmas 2009 and My Blogging Situation

Work has been insane. Not horrible insane, exciting insane, but also busy insane, and because of that I haven't blogged in a while. But here are some great Christmas photos, our tree for 2010 with a ton of ornaments Steve has created. I know it's a highlight for fans of Disney and the blog, so here you go...







On an unrelated note, people have asked me about the blog, wondering when the next post is coming and if I'll be keeping up the blog more regularly in 2010.
The answer is, no. I just can't do it. Since starting this job, I've been writing and editing every single day including weekends, and that's gotten even busier since we laid off seven people from the company. And every day I've been feeling guilty for not blogging, but the truth is-- I have been. I've been writing for Unzipped.net or editing the things my writers have been producing, and as such there just hasn't been enough time or energy in the solar system to produce my own material. And I'm okay with that. At past jobs (which I've hated) I've been frustrated because I wanted to write things I loved and couldn't, but I like the work that I'm doing at Unzipped. The new issue is pretty amazing, and even though some readers are hating the fact that I'm changing the look and feel of the publication, I'm proud of the work I'm doing; it's a vision I think that's both entertaining and profitable, and if you add that with the video content I'm writing/editing/producing, that's a lot of creativity. I can't produce more at this time. I'm married, I have a life, and I want to spend my free time with Steve-- not blogging.

So I'm taking a break with Mondo Rick-o.

I'm on Facebook, and anyone who wants to follow our adventures can do so there. If you want to email me, hit me up at andreoli1@aol.com.

This isn't the end, it's just a "To Be Continued..." until the next chapter. And as I say, our updates will always be happening on Unzipped-- like more of these ornaments are in my albums. So enjoy. It's the same evolving adventure, just in a new format.

10 comments:

home staging in Toronto said...

Hi. Your tree is fabulous. I think it's a great idea to use those Disney figures for decorating. I like when Christmas have some theme and this one is very original and I think it's fits very well. E.g. my theme this years is gingerbread.

Have a nice day,
Ella

kelkane said...

Crap. I will miss reading Mondo but like you said updates are available elsewhere. I feel you on being busy. SOmetimes I dont have time to go online and check email.
Tell Steve that this year I hunted down Disney ornaments in 2 states. I love the princess ones. I went to Disneyland recently, and will again in a couple of weeks, and looked at everything wondering if he did them. He is a true artist.
Take care!

Greg said...

We'll all miss reading your updates and learning about all the upcoming Steve-crafted Disneyana. Take care and have a wonderful Christmas!

Tactless Wonder said...

Totally get you on the "too busy to post."

I have tickets to LA the 17 - 25th. Any chance we can all meet up? I'll bug/remind you on FB later :)

Mikel said...

Sad to hear about the hiatus... but I know all too well how it goes to work in writing/editing and then find time and energy to do it at home. Good thing I know where you live. xo-M

search engine placement said...

I went to Disneyland recently, and again in a few weeks, and looked at all surprising if he does. He is a true artist.

Canadian Drugs Online said...

I went to Disneyland recently and will be back in a few weeks and everything looked just wondering if it was made. He is a true artist.

Harley Parts said...

I went to Disneyland recently and will be back in a few weeks and looked all wondering if he made them.

Growing Lights said...

We'll miss the Modo reports dude!.

You take a well deserved rest and concentrate on putting fairies up trees! lol

rental elf said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.